Thankful for 30
This blog post is long overdue, but the matter of my birthday landing in between moving apartments meant I had to (unfortunately) put the blog at a bit of halt.
As some of you may know, I recently turned 30 and quite frankly, I’m still in a bit of a shock to think I’m 30–thiiiirrrteeeee!! To be honest, when I was younger I pictured 30 to be an age at which I would have all my shit together. I’d be married with kids, excelling in a cool fashion career, and not sure what else. And not that I’m not happy with what I have and haven’t accomplished, but now that I think of it, I wonder why is it that we have to have all these expectations of what a woman has to have done by the time she's 30...or really any age?
Do we really need to abide by those the-ten-things-you-must-do-by-the-age-of-30 type of articles? Or "The Places You Must Tavel Before the Age of 30?" What happens after 30 that I can’t visit these places? What am I supposed to act like now that I’m 30? Is this what a thirty-year-old does on a weekend? Is this how a thirty-year-old is supposed to dress?
As you can see, so many questions. But instead of worrying about the nonsense that comes with getting older, I decided I would instead focus on what I’m thankful for now that I’ve hit the big 3-0.
P.S. By no means are these in any order of significance.
1. I'm thankful for another year
2. Thankful for my sometimes-gets-moody-but-still-loves-me-and-supports-me husband. He takes my pictures too!
3. Thankful for my parents' endless love and support
4. Thankful I moved to New York
5. Thankful I can travel
6. Thankful for my health
7. Thankful for the internet
8. My IG followers–all 930 something of you
9. Thankful for cheese and bread (in that order)
10. Thankful for a job that not only pays the bills but I actually enjoy
11. Thankful for a cozy apartment I can come home to every night
12. For my loyal friends and loving family
13. Thankful for exercise
14. Thankful to have enjoyed so much time with grandparents
15. Thankful for my creative drive
16. Thankful for all the artists and creatives who continue to inspire me
17. For studying abroad in Paris and making lifelong friends
18. For my freedom
19. Growing up in two places at once #bordergirl
20. My upbringing in Mexican culture
21. Learning two languages at once
22. Blissful moments of peace and quiet
24. Sunscreen–sunburns are no fun!
26. Sunny days
27. Rainy days
28. Those who share a passion for fashion like moi
29. Washer/dryer in our apartment
30. Thankful to be alive
Wearing vintage/thrifed dress from Babe, vintage bag, Bershka shoes, Westward Leaning sunglasses.