11 Things About Me
My new friend and fellow blogger, Mary Kay, from MAKA STYLE, has nominated me in this fun challenge to answer 11 questions about myself. I thought this would be a great way for you guys to get to know me a little better as well as some other cool AF bloggers I’ve come to know.
It's always exciting to meet other people who not only get as excited as you do over a cute pair of shoes or lipstick, but who also inspire you and help you grow. Sometimes we need constant reminders about how important it is to lift one another and how good vibes always attract good vibes. So stay positive!
Alright, here goes!
Check out MK's 11 Questions challenge here!
1. What is your favorite aspect of blogging?
I love having a personal platform where I can completely be myself while hopefully inspiring others with similar interests. Aside from that it’s so great to meet others in the blogging community who are just as passionate about fashion, beauty, travel, etc. as I am. I love creating content so having a blog allows me to be in my happy place.
2. Who is your favorite female role-model and why?
I don't have one particular female role-model, but I believe all women who are currently thriving in what they love to do, and who have the ability to juggle all aspects of their lives both career and personal are amazing role models.
3. If you could live anywhere, where would that be?
I’m originally from El Paso, Texas but New York has always called my name. I think for now this is where my husband and I want to be.
4. What was your favorite childhood toy?
I used to looooove Polly Pockets. Does anyone remember those? I loved collecting them and pretending they all had fabulous lives.
5. If you were in a talent show, what would your talent be?
6. What would you say is your signature style?
Sometimes it’s hard for me to pinpoint this because it all depends on my mood and whatever’s been inspiring me ATM, but I guess I usually lean towards feminine with a little retro edge.
7. What established character would you want to play in a tv show or movie and why?
For some reason I feel like it’d be so fun to play a villain from a Mexican telenovela. If you don’t know what that is, you should Youtube it.
8. What is your favorite place to shop?
I love shopping at local boutiques and vintage shops, but can also never go wrong with Zara.
9. If you had to describe yourself in 3 words, what would they be?
Eek! Hmmm…creative, hardworking, and stylish? It’s always so hard for me to just choose three!
10. What is your greatest achievement to date?
Moving to New York, making my way into fashion, and getting my ass back to blogging. Oh! And my Summer ’17 Lookbook. If you haven’t seen it go check it out!
11. You just won the lottery, what next?
Travel, travel, travel.
Yumi from YMIJAN
Marissa from Young, Poor & Couture
Alex from Luckey Alex
Gloria from Fashion By Glo
Danielle from Danielle Perea
Nallelie from The Balanced Latina
Lizette from Lovely Round Squares
Karen from Fashion Topic
Pedro from Style Gonzalez
Pau from Pau Style
1. How do you know what to wear every morning? Do you pick an outfit the night before, or morning of?
2. Did you look up to someone growing up?
3. What are three of your top places to shop.
4. What’s something your readers might misinterpret about you?
5. Whenever you’re not blogging what is it you like to do?
6. When was the last time you “didn’t have anything what to wear?”
7. Who takes your pictures?
8. In what moment did you know you HAD to start a blog?
9. How do you like to spend your Sundays?
10. What beauty brand are you currently obsessed with?
11. What’s the one thing that always gets you out of a funk?
Wearing vintage skirt, Topshop bustier top, Zara slides, Komono sunglasses, and vintage bag from Chesterfield in Brooklyn.